Saturday, March 1, 2008

EFT Clears Poison Oak – Gone Without a Trace in 90 Minutes

Recently, I spent hours weeding a large open field that is part of our property. From past experience I knew there was a little bit of poison oak buried in there under the other weeds so I wore heavy gloves and long sleeves. Of course, the sleeves slid up a little and left that 2 inch band of bare skin between glove and cuff. I was careful and did not see any poison oak.

Two days later I awoke with an itch on my wrist and thought a bug had bitten me. During my shower the “bug bite” turned into “several bug bites” swelling and bright pink in the bracelet of bare wrist from my weeding adventure. Uh-oh, the blisters were forming and I expected the worst. When I get poison oak, it always spreads beyond the exposed area.

But, I thought of EFT and that Gary would say “try it on everything”. So first I did a round of just psychological reversal tapping on the karate chop point saying:

Even though poison oak is caused by an oil and cannot be stopped by EFT…
Even though I believe this is a chemical reaction and cannot be stopped….
Even though it feels ridiculous to try EFT on this poison oak…

That negative part of me handled, I did the EFT setup rubbing the sore spot saying,

Even though my wrist is itching and broken out in bumps…
Even though I have these poison oak bumps on my wrist…
Even though I’m getting itchy blisters on my wrist…
I did several rounds of tapping on “this itching” and “this poison oak”.

Then I switched to a want:

Even though I want my wrist to be smooth and blemish free…
Even though I want my wrists to be itch-free and comfortable…
Even though I want my skin to feel calm and smooth…

A few more rounds of tapping and then finally the choice, as follows,

Even though my wrist itches, I choose to let go of this poison oak reaction…
Even though I have these blisters, I choose to have clear and itch-free skin…
Even though this poison oak oil got on me, I choose to have clear and beautiful skin…

The itching stopped immediately. And, unbelievable but true, in 1 ½ hours the skin on my wrist was completely clear and there was never another sign of that poison oak. Hard to believe, but there it is.

Nancy Morris, EFT-ADV

No comments: