Sunday, September 23, 2007

Getting over "Love Pain" With EFT

By Raul Vergini, MD

Yesterday I saw a 52 year old woman who was suffering from "love pain." Her new boy friend, "Roby", was having an affair with another woman. This devastated her and she began four months of pain, sadness, crying, losing weight, scenes with him, etc.

When I saw her, she had difficulty speaking about this issue without tears. She repeated many times that she wanted Roby back badly, and that she would have used all her "weapons" to obtain this. About the other woman, she said that she had met her, but avoided making a scene.

When I asked about her negative feelings of anger, guilt, jealousy, treason, etc. she was confused and unable to give me a 0-10 intensity level. So I asked: "What do you feel when you suffer for this problem? Do you have something physical also? Heaviness, pain, palpitations, etc."? She answered "yes, I feel a weight, an heaviness here on my chest".

I asked: "How intense on a 0-10 scale is it now?"

She said: "About 5 or 6 now, but yesterday it was higher". So I said to myself: "let's begin with these physical issues and then we'll see how to go on". So we did a short round with the set-up: "Even though I have this heaviness on my chest...". and the heaviness went down to 0.

Then she told me: "Now I feel a knot or a lump here in my chest, that makes it difficult to swallow. It was not present before, but I notice it now that the heaviness has gone". So we proceeded with "Even though I have this lump here in my chest that makes me difficult to swallow...". Only a short round. And she said: "It's gone" and smiled. I asked "What is gone?" And she said: "Everything, the lump is gone and my head is empty". I asked: "Empty is a negative or positive statement?" She answered: "Positive, my head is free now" and laughed.

Then she said: "Oh my God, what did you do to me? Only a minute ago I was crying and wanting Roby back, while now I am laughing and I'm thinking that I can easily live without him! And I hated that woman, while now I am feeling compassionate about her! It's not me! I'm happy now! What's happening? It's amazing!"

She was full with joy, and her face immediately showed the change. She seemed five years younger than five minutes before. I think that when a patient laughs at something brought tears only minutes before, a core issue was cleared.

Then she told me that she feared that it was too good to be lasting, and that maybe tomorrow she would wake up with that sadness again. A short round treated this fear also.

I was really surprised and amazed at this result. I had worked only on a couple of physical feelings and all that big emotional distress vanished with them, in a second, like pushing a button! EFT never ceases to amaze me.

Best,

Raul Vergini, MD
Italy

No comments: